Applying for a new position can be a challenging process, but well worth it! If you think Teton Valley Ranch Camp is for you, we suggest you start the application process early. The job of working at TVRC is one of the best in the world and we wish you the best in the hiring process outlined below.
For the 2014 season, we will be accepting staff applications beginning October 15th. Applications will be held until the application deadline (noted below), at which time the interview process will begin. The interview process can take up to six weeks and we thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we work through this stage. At the end of the interview process, applicants will be contacted as to the status of their employment application.
Dates and Deadlines
*Please note: Depending on available positions, applications may be accepted into the spring.
**Applications received after November 15, 2013, will be held until the Phase 2 application deadline: January 17, 2014
A Step-by-Step Guide
1. First, fill out the online TVRC Staff Application. You will receive an email confirmation once we have received your completed application. Please note that you are able save your progress and return to your application later on. Click here to find a list of the available positions. If you would like us to have any other information in addition to your application (for example: a resume), please email it directly to Carly at email@example.com.
2. After the application deadline for your hiring phase, we will review your application and determine if you are a potential candidate for one of our positions. If you are, we will call you to set up a first interview.
3. Following your first interview, we will contact you to let you know whether you will get a second interview, or to let you know that you are no longer being considered for a job at camp.
4. Following your second interview, we will contact you to let you know if you are still being considered for employment at TVRC. If you are still being considered for employment, we will run a background check based on the authorization you provided in the application. A background check will be run on every person who works for TVRC.
5. Following your background check, TVRC will also check your personal and professional references.
6. Should the TVRC team decide that you are a right fit for our program, we will then call to congratulate you on being hired to work for camp! Once you have been offered a job, your hiring packet will become available with your online account in the “Forms & Documents” category. All of these forms will need to be completed by their deadline in the spring.
7. Please note that you will be informed for employment status on the dates noted below. If you are applying for a position during Phase 1, know that you may be offered a job, may be declined a job, or may be carried over to Phase 2. Usually we do not hear from many returning staff members (from our 2012 season) until after the first of the year. For this reason, your application may be carried over to Phase 2, as there are limited open positions before the New Year. In the case that your application is carried over to Phase 2, you will be informed of your employment status by March 3.
Helpful Hints on the Hiring Process
Submit your application early! We have many qualified applicants each year and it is very beneficial to apply early.
In an effort to maintain consistency and maximize effectiveness of our staff team, we strive to hire staff members who are able to work both during both the boys' and girls' sessions.
If you can make a TVRC Roundup during the winter, do so! We love to meet new applicants when we are on the road promoting camp.
Clear your summer! If you are applying to work for boys’ season, it is our expectation that you can work every date of that season (including training). This rule is the same for those applying for girls’ season and those applying for full summer employment. (It is challenging to fill camp with employees that need to leave 2 weeks early…)